Chamber of Commerce

The building which houses the Chamber of Commerce originated in 1648 as the Customs House designed by Annibale Cecchi of Pistoia.

The Livorno Chamber of Commerce was established in 1801 under the rule of Ludovico of Bourbon, King of Etruria, and consisted of twelve members of various nationalities, and subsequently disciplined by Ferdinando III of Lorraine.
It is adorned with a handsome portico with three arches supported by rusticated ashlar sandstone pillars closed by iron gates. In 1740 the first extraction for the lottery, or the “Genoa Game”, was held under the loggia after its introduction in Tuscany in 1739 by the government, which had prohibited it until then.